9/12/2011

Crying Kenny


As one of the first grade classes was walking(running) into the gym I noticed one little boy was crying. I looked at him and then at the teacher....she just shook her head and said let him sit out for a little while until he's calmed down. Well I let Kenny sit on the bleachers while the rest of the class went through their stretch routine. We were far enough into the year that they could sleep walk through the routine so I left them and decided to find out what was wrong with Kenny.

I walked up to him and he was still in a full on snot bubbling cry, so I just asked him what was wrong. He looked at me and said something that I never thought I would hear. "Coach, somebody stole my penis!" What!?!!?! I immediately started cracking up and that didn't help matters at all. He just cried harder! I finally composed myself enough to ask him what he meant and he told me that he went to use the bathroom and it was gone! I lost it again! I almost fell off the bleachers laughing. Kenny was not finding the humor in his missing anatomy so I had to try to pull it together again.

Now I know it was a cold morning and the boy's bathroom is pretty chilly so I assumed that had something to do with the runaway penis. I told Kenny that it was ok and it would most likely come back on it's own. Kinda like a runaway dog ends up back at home. That apparently was all he needed to hear. He wiped away the snot and tears and was ready for PE.

No comments:

Post a Comment